FOR XERO and MYOB USERS
- Login details to your software unless we are already using it.
- If you only do work for a few customers, say about ten or less, please bring supporting documents for June this year transactions from them to enable us to balance your computer with their statements and possibly pick up errors which may have occurred.
FOR SPREADSHEET USERS
- A list of people you owe money to on 30th June this year
- A list of people who owe you money on 30th June this year
FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT USE COMPUTERS
If you don’t use a computer for your records, please sort your lists and receipts into sections. One each for –
- PAID BY CASH;
- PAID BY CREDIT CARD;
- PAID FROM MAIN BANK ACCOUNT;
- PAID FROM OTHER BANK ACCOUNT.
We will also need your cheque butts and deposit books.
- Electronic or paper copies of all bank statements, savings books, credit cards if used for business and details of special investments at the bank or other places for you and your dependants.
- All Dividends, co-op, agent or trade exchange statements if applicable. This applies even if you are using automated software.
- Details of private use of Computer, Telephone and Light and Power usage.
- All details of any items you have not keyed in to your computer system.
- If you have trading stock, a list of stock held at 30th June this year and its value AT COST. This is MOST IMPORTANT as the tax office is always looking at this area. As well as this, stocks of packing material and containers need to be counted each year. Therefore please: – MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN ACCURATE STOCK COUNT ON 30th June this year.
- For all businesses, please supply a log book if you wish to claim more than 5,000km of travel.
- Details of major asset purchases, including invoices.
- Details of all loans both existing and new ones taken out during the year.
- Details of all wages paid, along with work cover and superannuation. Please bring the relevant printed stationery for each. You should be using Electronic Payroll from 1st July 2019.
- If you have done your own BAS Statements manually during the year, we require a copy of both sides of each statement that has been lodged with the Taxation Office.
- As always, we need your bank BSB and ACCOUNT NUMBER as the Tax Office only send refunds to bank accounts.
THANK YOU FOR CHECKING THESE ITEMS. IT WILL HELP US AND SAVE YOU MONEY